Everything changes with time. From lifestyle to home décor, modernization has left its effect. The house you built ten years ago with some interior design, now the design looks a little old fashion. You wish you could rebuild your home, but the task is impossible and a waste of time where you have a better option to renovate the house interior.
The most used room in a house is the kitchen. You spend most of the time of the day in the kitchen. So, let’s start renovating the kitchen first. But how can the whole kitchen be renewed in a short time? No, we can install a backsplash in the kitchen. Here you can ask the question, ‘how to install a kitchen backsplash on drywall?’
Related Article: Install kitchen Faucet
How to install kitchen backsplash on drywall
The installation of a backsplash in the kitchen is a complex process. But no worries if you get professional help to do it. You can also do it by yourself. Then this article is perfect for you. In this article, all necessary information about installing backsplash in the kitchen is discussed in detail.
How to install backsplash around kitchen window?
To install a backsplash around the kitchen, lots of ways are there. You can find different methods online if you want to do it by yourself. But here is a brief about the steps which will help you to do the installation. At first, you need some equipment and accessories for backsplash installation-
- Tile saw,
- Paper or drop cloth to protect countertop,
- V notch trowel,
- Thin-set mortar,
- Grouting sponge,
- Level and
- Acrylic caulk.
Here is the process of installing backsplash around kitchen window-
- First, make sure that the wall is smooth and ready for tile installation,
- Check the number of titles to cover the wall around the window,
- Also, make sure the outlets are extended enough to accommodate the thickness of the tiles,
- Then choose a bottom corner to start,
- Use a tile saw to cut the first grid of mesh mosaic tile. Also, keep in mind that the cut has to be clean so that you can start from the edge of the wall.
- After that, use V edge to notch the layer of mortar,
- Then, layer the Tile on the top of the wall,
- You need to be very careful, so double-check the mesh pieces before going down with another row of Tile. The tile rows have to be Level,
- Install temporary support so that the tiles could not slip from their place,
- Around the window, start tile installation from the very bottom corner of the window,
- Placing the first piece of Tile, continue installing a whole row of tiles,
- Check each row before approaching the next row,
- Complete installation and wait for 24 hours to set them in their place,
- Then, then mix up the non-sanded grout and apply on the tiles with a grout float,
- Wipe down with a grout sponge, acrylic caulk to the bottom of your backsplash,
- installation of backsplash around your kitchen window is complete and ready to shine.
Can backsplash tile be installed on drywall:
The good news is, you can easily install ceramic tile kitchen backsplash on the drywall as long as your wall is smooth and flat.
- At first, clean the wall by removing grease if there is any. Then, use thin-set adhesive and attach the tiles one by one making a row. When the glue is dry, apply grout. The task is complete, and it is as simple as that.
- If possible, make the kitchen backsplash a little enjoyable. You can showcase your kitchen’s personality by using some of the colorful glass tiles or some decorative ceramic available in the market.
Tiling over painted gyprock:
You can do the installation of tile kitchen backsplash on painted gyprock or wall. And you don’t need to remove the existing paint.
Related: Measure sink grid.
At first, work over the painted wall. This step will allow the wall to adhere to the thin-set mortar. The rest of the steps are the same as mentioned above to set the Tile on the wall.
Therefore, no worries to Install Tile on a painted wall. It is safe and easy to decorate your kitchen stylishly.
Lowe’s backsplash installation:
The store or website of Lowe’s can help you professionally in installing kitchen backsplash. They are trustworthy to their customer for the best service.
- Choose Your Desired Backsplash:
It would help if you browsed backsplash samples on Lowes.com to search for your desired backsplash. You can also do this at Lowe’s store in your locality.
- Schedule Your Measurement:
A local, licensed, and the insured installer will complete the measurement of your kitchen. You can also measure your place with them. So, they are giving all convenient options to their customers.
- Get Your Quote:
When the measurement is complete, they will provide you with a quote and Special Financing options. You can also ask questions regarding the whole installation work. They always welcome inquiries from their customer.
- Have It Installed:
Once you chose the backsplash and accepted the quote, a professional independent installer will set a time for the backsplash installation at your house. They will clean up your place after work and provide information regarding maintenance and other necessary things.
How much does it cost to install Tile per square foot?
A particular budget is needed to complete the task of backsplash installation in your kitchen. The costs will be an average of $1,000. You could pay a minimum of $600 and a maximum of $1,350. Labor charge could charge you a minimum fee of $160. Also, you could add $10 per square foot to your material estimate. If not, they may quote you roughly $40 to $60 per hour for labor.
Renovation of a home is an exceptionally tough job to take. But it is not anymore. Installation of kitchen backsplash on drywall is not very difficult. You can do it by yourself or get professional help. So, install a new backsplash in your kitchen and give the house a stylish outlook.
As an affiliate associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.